Hello to all! I've been M.I.A. of late but I'm back now. We have been busy at the environmental education center where I work. Fall school field trips are winding down and I found time to visit my studio yesterday. It felt great to have a paintbrush back in my hand.

I've been wanting to share these photos of a mixed media class I took last month at the Bottlebrush Gallery in Harmony, PA. Stacey Hogue was the instructor that night, she is on the far right with a striped shirt in the photo. Stacey is an artist and illustrator, check out her website here. The next two photos are of Stacey's playful artwork.



Now for a few photos of my fellow student's work. Sadly time has passed and I have forgotten the names of the women who made these wonderful mixed media masterpieces. I really should write things down while they are happening!







 
This witch was made by my mom. While we were at the class she wasn't finding anything to inspire her project so the next day she finished it at home with her own art supplies. I think she made a magical collage.
 
 
 
This last photo is my piece from that night of paint, paper and glue extravaganza. I picked bees doing the waggle dance as a theme. I had a lot of fun and want to thank MJ (Bottlebrush Gallery owner) and Stacey Hogue for putting together such an imaginative class.
 
Tomorrow I'm back at the Woodland Pottery Studio. The last two weeks I have not had time to play with clay. I think I will be glazing some pieces tomorrow. Last fall I took some pottery classes from a women. Her glazes was light like watercolor paint. The studio I'm at now is run by a man who has bold earthy glazes. It will be interesting to see what my piece will look like after they are fired.
 
Have a great day and stop back soon!

Comments

  1. I like your Mom's picture the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff. Glad you are back, I was missing you. Student work is wonderful. xox

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts