Hello Monday!
 
Last week I was out running around in the woods.
This week I'll be in the studio.
Pixie dresses are on my work table.
It's going to be a fun week!
 
 
 
Other News:
 
Bursting at the Seams, did not make it into the Hoyt Regional Art Show. Two hundred sixty-eight pieces of artwork were submitted for consideration, but only sixty-nine pieces were selected for the show. The show is being curated by one person, and the physical space of the gallery, were factors in selection.
 
 
Getting into an art show, or winning one, is all subjective. It's usually one to four people who curate or jury a show. Sometimes I find I agree with the judges, other times I walk away scratching my head. After growing a thicker skin, I approach art shows as an opportunity for my work to be viewed by others. If not at one show, then try another. 

 
Bursting at the Seams
22x30
 
This piece contrasts human homes, full of stuff, with homes found in nature.
 Animals use only what is absolutely necessary from the environment to survive.
 In those terms, it seems mankind has lost its way.
 
And yes, those are real moth and butterfly wings.
( I find them in my yard, already expired-not by my hand)
 
 
Most of this piece was made from magazine pages. That includes the birds and outer nest.
The background is one large sheet of paper, and most of the branches are real.
I like using a variety of materials in my artwork. I'm a "more is better" kind of girl!
 
Have a great day and stop back soon!

Comments

  1. You have a great attitude about shows, so thanks for sharing your ups and downs. You are also a fearless creator with some of the best ideas out there!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts