Going Mad!

 
Two full days until the Mad Hatter Tea Party. I have just about everything in a half done state. Last night Eva and I put the party favors together. We decided is skip tea at our tea party, I hear your gasps! Getting soon to be sixth grade girls to sit at a tea party. . .isn't going to happen. Especially when they haven't seen each other very much this summer.
Punch is the drink of choice at this tea party. We bought a box filled with punch cups at a thrift shop. There were more than enough to drink from, so we used them as party favors.
 
The tags are to big for the punch cups, but it is a MAD tea party. Inside the Drink Me envelope is a packet of Kool Aid. The cup holds a cellophane bag filled with candy and  a tag that reads Eat Me.
 
It turned out that I didn't have to make costumes. We pulled things from our closets and added crazy embellishments. I did make one black and white tutu and a skirt made from one of the fabrics Eva and I painted. I thought I was going to use most of the fabric making costumes for my nieces, but they had other ideas.

They want to be playing cards. I'm working on making cards from poster board, they will be worn sandwich board style. Of course they are not finished!

I still have time, I still have time, -- my mantra.
Here is what I have so far.


I found these at the Dollar Store. I couldn't believe it when I found them. Who would design and manufacture such a thing?????  Playing card sunglasses!!!  They will be a huge hit with Hailey and Hannah.


Back to making party magic for me. I hope you all have a great day!




Comments

  1. You should win an award for BEst Mom Ever!! And you still have time to blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awards, yes, I agree. This is going to be a great birthday party! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so incredibly impressed with you. Tea or no tea, this is going to be a memorable party! those sunglasses are such a find. I think they were meant for you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand about skipping the Tea for your little guests but at the end of all this once it is all over I think that you will deserve a nice glass of wine or similar. Do get someone to take lot sof photographs for you all to look back on, especially for Eva.

    It is Saturday as I type this so the party may be in full swing now!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! You sure go all out when making ready for a party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are the coolest MOM ever!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts