Chrome Flowers 10x20

I'm walking on sunshine!  It is a beautiful day here in western PA but what has me singing is my order from mpix was just delivered. I've been kicking around the idea to enter a local photography show. What to enter? I have hundreds of photos on my computer but  never get around to having them printed. You too? Seems to be a common practise.

I picked three photos and sent them off  to www.mpix.com to see how they looked printed. The first one is of the flowers I painted last fall with a can of chrome spray paint. One can of chrome spray paint gave me hours of fun. (notice the chrome wasps nest on my banner above) Taking a chance that the chrome flowers were going to look great, I had it mounted on foam core board. I also picked a lustre coating and a metallic something or other paper. Very happy!

 
This 8x10 is from my Yard Art series. I made art from things I found in my yard, and also took the photos right there in the yard.
 
 
8x10
 
My blog photo doesn't do this leaf justice. It is so fab to see in person. I was really surprised how well it turned out. Last fall I did a whole series of  leave photos. I will probably have others printed.
These last two photos have a lustre coat and an E-surface paper. (no idea what that means)
 
I am so thrilled with mpix. I placed the order Wednesday  night, it was at my house Saturday-- mpix ships from Kansas. The quality is so good and the prices were low. I will be placing another order soon!
 

Comments

  1. I like the 10x12 pictrue (the first one shown). It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to check this out. I too love your first photo, I remember when you were spraying away. xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the Mpix tip and I love the bird nest shot from the yard! All your photos evoke very different feelings, and I find the nest is soothing. It speaks to this time of year too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great. I am really liking the nest!
    good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! This is exciting - very professional looking!! You always have taken awesome photos! Let us know when you enter the photography show! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts