My Two New Favorite Months!

March/ April




It's here!
I'm in this issue, pages 30-34!


The article (that I wrote!) is about how I dye brown
paper bags and make art out of the bags.

This is the first time I  have been listed as a magazine contributor.
Kinda exciting.



I happy about the article.
BUT, there are a few things.....

1. Rit dye is no-toxic. You don't need to wear a mask.
  I asked the company. I guess CPS is over cautious.

2. The bags don't absorb dye like fabric.                     
BECAUSE, this is important,
there is sizing on the bags. Different bags
and papers have different amounts of sizing.

Sizing effects absorption.

CPS left that part out.

3. I didn't put the part in about using pins. I always use clothes pins.
Trying to force pins through several layers of heavy paper?
Clothes pins are great for paper projects,
 stick with them always!

A big thanks to Paper Cloth Scissors for the opportunity
to be published.

There are many articles in this issue that are REALLY good.
I hope you all check out this issue.







Comments

  1. congrats on the article. I am soooo happy to know you and learn and share ideas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't eait to get home and see my copy. Congrats!!!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations...very exciting! Now your lovely birds are out in the world...Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Very Exciting!!! I can't wait to read the article.... too bad they changed your words, but thanks for providing them here.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on being published and acknowledged! I'm off to the book store to buy it. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kudos to you, Jill! Another feather for your cap! So happy for you! Can't wait to read the article!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Jill!!!! As soon as I got my copy I found your article immediately and read it through! Fantastic! You did a great job! It was so cool to read a familiar name in the "who did this" section too!!! Nice photographs as well! I am so thrilled for you! What is next on your plate? A very special congrats Jill!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts