Mail Day


This morning I mailed out a pile of mail art for the swap I'm having here on this blog.
Yesterday I was patting myself on the back because I finished everything on time.

There I was, happy to have completed an art project.
So I start to look over my list of projects I have started and others I want to start soon.
Thinking, "I'm in a good place, things are moving along at a good pace".

I knew that the local artist association has an annual "Green Show" in March.
Checked their web site, didn't see anything.
Next, I dropped them an email.

They replied.
Yes, we are having a Green Show again this year.
Deadline for entries is March 3rd.

AHHH, NUTS!
followed by gasping and choking for air.
( so much for being "in a good place")

I know what I'm making for the show, that's the good news.
Not sure if I have enough time to get it done, the bad news.

My family now has to eat a gallon jar's worth of dill pickles,
I need the jar for my art piece!



Comments

  1. Send some pickles here, my husband will eat them. Better yet, go to a local restaurant and ask them for a big jar! They will probably give it to you for free. xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got to start lining up some more shows. Mentally. They really help me keep on track. Good luck with your next deadline!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can just picture you with a big pickle in one hand and doing your art work with the other (grin). BTW, your blog is the second that i have found that I can not leave a comment with my tablet. Had to wait until I had one of the computers turned on I wonder why.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Valentine's Day Jill. Your masterpieces arrived in perfect time, and are brilliant!! I am enamoured of the rich tones and texture, and so excited I got two!! The poem and message are a gift as well. Thank you, thank you!!! I need to step up my game!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jill! Happy V-day! I got your 2 wonderful cards---oh my---they are amazing! They will be on my blog this week! Also, was it Maria that sent my other one? I got another amazing card today (but it didn't say if it was for your swap...and I get all kinds of stuff from new Good Mail Day-ers too. ha!) thank you a bunch! xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts