Big Day


It is a big day here. Lady GaGa concert and I entered three pieces in
"The Green Show".

I finished two scarves and my friends are thrilled.
Mine is still a work in progress.


Here is one of the pieces I entered in the art show. Some of you may have seen it on my blog last summer.



It's base is a brown paper bag and the image is made from magazine pages. I painted the background with acrylic paints. I had big plans to start a new project for this show which is uaually in April....Earth Day.
I found out about it at the last minute, today was the deadline for entries.

I love this piece so much that in the end I'm happy it's being shown.



I also entered two other things, one being the heart pixie dress. My mom pushed for that. I wasn't so sure it was right for the show. Anyway, the show opens next Friday night. I guess they have a rather famous potter from the southwest judging the show. I will know more details later.
Maria, if you read this post and have any details to share about the show I'd like to know....anything. The young men who checked in my art work were not so good with details.
Maria Kavalenko Leysens follows my blog. If you click on her picture, the info for her blog is there. Maria is an amazing portrait artist and teacher.
( She is the fab art teacher who threw the  "art birthday party" I was so excited about a few weeks ago) 

Comments

  1. Hi Jill,
    I missed the deadline to enter the green show. I know this is usually a big one too, but was helping a young man, who will remain nameless, mat and frame and deliver some work for a regional high school show.
    I enjoyed the green show last year. I don't have details for this year, other than what is on the website.
    Hope you had fun, fun, fun at the concert. Love the scarves.
    Maria

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts